PHILOSOPHY AND MISSION STATEMENT
AYSO Matrix is dedicated to providing a quality player development program using the philosophies and programs of the American Youth Soccer Organization.
The AYSO Matrix program goals are to:
- Provide an opportunity for players who wish to play soccer at a higher skill level.
- Retain and regain players, volunteers and families.
- Provide an additional incentive for valuable, skilled volunteers to contribute to Regional and Area programs.
- Expand training opportunities for both players and coaches that are necessary for success and growth in competitive play.
- Acknowledge that while individual team goals include winning, we will win “The AYSO Way.”
Accomplish these goals by using the AYSO philosophies of:
The program will mandate that every player in the program play no less than half of every league or tournament game. (The game is the best teacher.)
Kids win when they are built up, not when they are torn down! We train and encourage our coaches to make the extra effort to understand and offer positive help to our players, rather than negative criticism.
The program has established guidelines to ensure that the teams formed are balanced in the best interests of the players. In competitive play, this means try-outs will be held to ensure players are placed on teams relative to their age and skill level.
Any player is eligible to try-out for teams developed under this program.
AYSO Matrix coaches, players, volunteers and parents will be representing AYSO in a multi-club venue and are expected to adhere to a higher standard of conduct. This is one of the key distinctions between AYSO Matrix and other club programs.
We believe that all players should be able to develop their soccer skills and knowledge to the best of their abilities, both individually and as members of a team, in order to maximize their enjoyment of the game.